All documents uploaded to Aerofiler are processed as follows:
- De-duplication: We check to see that the document has not already been uploaded to Aerofiler. We do not allow identical documents to be stored on Aerofiler and will display an error indicating documents that will not be stored because they are a duplicate.
We regard a document as being identical if the contents are identical. Two identical documents could have different filenames. However, if a particular document has two signatures, and another version is identical except that it only has one signature, the documents will not be regarded as identical. Two documents which have internal metadata that is different, but whose contents is otherwise visibly identical, will not be regarded as identical.
- OCR: We perform optical character recognition to allow your document to be full text searchable.
- Metadata Autodetection: We analyze your document and try to extract certain metadata from it, such as the document title, the parties, the effective date, and so on. These extracted values are automatically saved into the metadata fields for that document. As these values are our best guess, they may not be accurate and you can use the Review page to verify whether the values we have guessed are correct, and correct them if necessary.
We use the following tools to assist with metadata autodetection
- Legal Entities: If you have entered the names of your group companies into the Legal Entities section, we will attempt to find one of those names in the document and use that name as the "Party" field value.
- Use Filenames as Metadata: If this setting is enabled via the Settings > Organization > Manage Fields > Use Filenames for Metadata section, we will use document filenames to fill in the metadata fields you designate, instead of applying our standard metadata autodetection for those fields.
Password Protected Documents
Aerofiler does not currently support documents that require a password to open. You will receive an error if you attempt to upload these documents.